PRESS RELEASE -- MINDVISION RELEASES VISE X 4.0 FOR MAC OS X
For Immediate Release
For more information, contact:
If you do not wish to receive press releases from us, or if you prefer to receive them at a different address, please let us know at email@example.com.
MindVision Releases VISE X 4.0 for Mac OS X
LINCOLN, NEB. - February 4, 2010: MindVision Software today released VISE X 4.0, an upgrade to its product for building Universal installers for Mac OS X. The new features in this version include Snow Leopard compatibility, a freshened builder interface, and improved overall performance.
Snow Leopard Compatibility
Gestalts and search/install locations have been updated for Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard.
You can use the new "MacOS X 10.6 or Greater" Gestalt to ensure that install actions take place only on the proper Mac OS versions.
The new search/install locations include several additions for the System, Local and User Domains. For a complete listing, please see the Read Me document in the VISE X folder.
Freshened Builder Interface
The Archive Window in the builder interface received several updates, including:
- A customizable toolbar
- Larger, more readable fonts for list items and the window summary
- Dynamic (live) window resizing
- Shows the progress when large items are added to the archive
- Shows the number of items selected
- Displays the close button as a dot to indicate unsaved changes
Improved Overall Performance
Save and build times with VISE X 4.0 are significantly faster than the previous version.
Other Updates and Enhancements
This release also includes the following updates and enhancements:
- The system requirements for the builder application are now Mac OS X v10.4 or greater. As with the previous version, installers built with VISE X are compatible with Mac OS X v10.2 and greater.
- There are new Gestalts for checking the following conditions:
- Has Java 1.50_16
- Is Processor 64 Bit Capable
- Along with the existing ability to include an Uninstall feature in installers, VISE X can now create standalone uninstallers. These uninstallers will allow users to properly remove software
even if they no longer have access to the original installers. The new "Create Standalone Uninstaller" option is available on the Interface tab of Installer Settings.
- As an alternative to suppressing only certain parts of the user interface — such as Main Window, Progress Stop or Success — you can now suppress the entire interface for
"silent" installs. The new "Suppress User Interface" option is available on the Interface tab of Installer Settings.
- The following functions of the Edit Text File action item will now work at any level of a .plist file:
- Remove plist entry
- Replace plist entry
- Read plist entry to variable
- Installers now display the names of items that they are copying, deleting or moving.
- We have added the following information to the Debug Window:
- Machine Java Version: <version>
- Processor <is/is not> 64 bit Capable
- Developers needing to create multi-CD installers can use the "Folders/CD Segments" Format option in the Build Target. We renamed this option (from just "Folders") to help clarify that it can be used to create CD segments.
For a complete list of changes, please see the Read Me document in the VISE X folder, or visit http://www.mindvision.com/visexwhatsnew.
This upgrade is free to users with current licenses. Your existing serial number will register the new version.
To download VISE X 4.0, please go to http://www.mindvision.com/downloads.asp.
The MindVision Team
VISE X is a trademark of DR MyCommerce, Inc. All other brand names mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and are hereby acknowledged.