MINDVISION SHIPS INSTALLER VISE 7.4.1
LINCOLN, NEB. - Feb. 13, 2002: MindVision Software announces the
immediate availability of Installer VISE(tm) 7.4.1 for Macintosh. This
update delivers improved overall stability, particularly for installs on
Mac OS X. The installer is available for downloading at
CHANGES IN VERSION 7.4.1
The changes in Installer VISE 7.4.1 are listed below by Mac OS version:
ALL SUPPORTED OS VERSIONS
- Icon positioning is optimized to prevent delays at the end of
- Large VCTs now open faster.
- Multiple floppy disk installers recognize the various disks inserted
for the install.
- A problem with online registration by e-mail is fixed.
- Installers using the "Shutdown applications before Installing"
option no longer quit background applications.
- Bring Up to Date works properly on installers that contain several
application packages. The previous version sometimes replaced an
alias inside an application package with the actual file.
- Debug installers no longer crash when writing large amounts of
information to the Debug window.
- Installers properly evaluate "Install If" logic during uninstalls.
This prevents errors that would occur when the installer tried to
locate and uninstall items that had not actually been installed.
- When building a localized single-language installer, Installer VISE
no longer adds a 'plst' resource to the installer. This resource
would prevent the installer from running on the Classic environment
of Mac OS X.
- The following new gestalts are available for use in VCTs you create
with Installer VISE 7.4.1:
- Has CarbonLib 1.04. or Greater
- Is Classic Available
MAC OS X SPECIFIC
- When creating an alias for an application package or bundle,
installers use the correct type and creator.
- Authenticated installers use the correct directory when the user
saves a license agreement to the desktop. The previous version used
the desktop directory of the Root user, rather than that of the
- Installers that contain shadow items no longer create an empty
Desktop Folder on the root of the Mac OS X drive.
- Carbon and Unified installers now properly update their progress
throughout multiple-CD installs.
- When creating an alias for a Mac OS X bundle, installers correctly
display the bundles icon.
Founded in 1987, MindVision Software is a recognized industry leader specializing in software delivery systems for Macintosh and Windows. Installer VISE has long been the industry standard installer for the Macintosh, and is rapidly gaining recognition as an excellent choice for Windows. Thousands of software companies, including Apple, Adobe, Microsoft, Netscape, Macromedia, AOL, Connectix and FileMaker have come to rely on our software to deliver professional, easy-to-use installers to their customers.
Fully-functional evaluation copies of MindVision products can be obtained directly from the MindVision web site, by calling (402)323-6600, or by sending e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MindVision and Installer VISE are trademarks of MindVision, Inc. eSellerate is a trademark and service mark of eSellerate, Inc. All other brand names mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and are hereby acknowledged.