||Shows the path to the source file. If desired, you may enter a new source file path, or click the icon and make another selection.
||Specifies text used for this action in a bulleted list that shows FileStorm Installer progress. The text is variable width, with a limit of 12 to 17 characters. Text that exceeds the limit will not display, so be sure to check this feature when testing your installers.
||Specifies text displayed in bold in the top portion of the installer while this action is performed. The text is variable width, with a limit of 30 to 42 characters. Text that exceeds the limit will not display, so be sure to check this feature when testing your installers.
||Specifies a URL that the installer will use if an Internet connection is available. If no connection is available, the installer will display the HTML designated in the Source field (see above). The Live URL field may be left blank.
Notes on FileStorm Installers
- While FileStorm Installers can display basic web pages to showcase your products, they are not full-featured web browsers. You will need to carefully test any installers that use the Display HTML action, and adjust the referenced web pages as required.
- HTML features supported by FileStorm Installers include:
- Tables (including border, cell background color and background image)
- GIF and JPEG images
- Font tags
- Features that are not supported include:
- FTP pages
- Form posts from local to remote web sites
- Password fields do not show as asterisks
- If you keep all HTML support files in one folder, you can simply rebuild the installer after adding a support file to the folder. Otherwise, you will need to add each file as a Support Item through the Property Inspector. See the Support Item page of this documentation.