When you purchase FileStorm through the integrated method (by selecting Purchase FileStorm from the FileStorm menu), the application will automatically update and register itself. However, there may be instances in which you will need to manually register FileStorm, such as:
- You purchased FileStorm through the MindVision web store and received your serial number via e-mail.
- You purchased FileStorm for use on one computer and now want to move your copy to a new computer.
To manually register FileStorm:
- Select Enter Serial Number from the FileStorm menu.
- Enter your serial number and then click Register.
If you receive an error, it is likely due to a product activation process that prevents registering FileStorm with the same serial number on multiple machines. To work around this error, do one of the following:
- If you entered your serial number immediately after purchasing FileStorm through the MindVision web store, wait a few minutes and try again. The product activation process may need some time to complete.
- For help registering your purchased copy of FileStorm for use on a new computer, contact our support team at email@example.com.